Project Domain / Category
Abstract / Introduction
“Web Based Exam System” will auto-generate Exams for every student. This application will have a
question bank created by the subject teacher and random paper will be generated for students.
Teacher would be able to mark the questions online. The proposed system will facilitate to conduct
the online exams in nearby campuses or at home using Internet and will eliminate the paper usage.
The proposed system will consist of following modules:
Admin can login to the Exam system using his/her ID and password.
Add new Subject:
Admin can add new subjects.
Assigning Subjects to Teacher:
Admin can allocate subjects to teacher.
Add new Teacher:
Admin can add new teachers.
Admin can logout from the Exam system.
Subject Teacher Module:
• Teacher can login through ID and password.
Question Bank Management:
Teacher will choose one of the assigned subjects:
• Teacher can add new question.
• Teacher can edit existing questions.
• Teacher can delete existing questions.
• Teacher can view all the created questions.
• Questions can be of MCQ type, 3 and 5 marks questions.
Paper Criteria Management:
Teacher will decide the criteria of the exam:
• Total marks of the Exam
• Time for Exam
• MCQ’s and their strength in paper
• 3 Mark Questions and their strength in paper
• 5 Mark Questions and their strength in paper
Note: System should validate the Total marks.
• Teacher can view the exams of the students by clicking on his/her student ID.
• When teacher will click the student ID, student’s attempted paper will appear and teacher
will mark the questions.
• Obtained marks will be calculated and the result will be saved and student ID will be marked
• Teacher can declare the result or schedule the result declaration.
Sign Up and Login:
Student can sign up and login for the Exam Portal.
• Paper will be shown to the student after the successful login.
• Student will attempt the questions in the mentioned time and submit the paper.
• If not submitted within the given time, the exam will automatically be submitted.