Project Domain / Category
Database (Desktop Base application)
Every examination system need transparency in the conduct of its exam and the problem of questions
leakage or paper out is a common issue nowadays. To overcome this issue, the idea of Questions Bank
(QB) has introduced which is a pool of questions for different courses (subjects).
This QB is used to generate papers for individual students or individual college/campus/area
depending upon the requirements of the examination system. You are required to develop a system
collecting (storing) questions for different courses and create papers on demand.
The questions entered in this system must have a number of properties like Question ID, Question
Marks, Question type (MCQ or descriptive), Difficulty level, budgeted time, chapter/lecture number
etc. You further need to make sure that the questions in this QB are of different courses and each
course belong to one or more study program.
A set of functional requirements of the proposed system may include the following.
1. There must be login process for administrator and authorized users to avoid
unauthorized access to the software.
2. The system must be able to add new questions in the Question Bank (QB).
3. The system must be able to add the course information.
4. The system would be able to create paper of any course in MS word format.
5. The questions selected from QB for any paper must be random and there should be
6. The system would be able to ask for number of questions included when it creates a
7. Each paper created must contain certain percentage of different types of questions.
8. The system should calculate the time allowed for paper from the budgeted time of each
Note: The functional requirements are not limited to only the above given. The students need to
understand the problem completely by collecting the requirements from an educational institution
including, school, college, university or any test conducting organization.