Project Domain / Category
Digital Logic Design & Mobile Application
Abstract / Introduction
Most car manufactured in Pakistan do not have OBDII or ODBI port, which is used to diagnose the car or get the real
time information like engine temperature , voltage , coolant temperature etc.
In this projectstudents will be required to accessthe car’s data like engine temperature, coolant temperature, in
cabin temperature, outside temperature etc, using various sensors, Android phone and Arduino. Information gathered
using the sensors will be utilized. Note that students will not use ODBII port or device to get the information from car
instead they will deploy their own sensors. All the information gathered will be displayed using a small screen in car,
and this information will be sent to android mobile phone using Bluetooth orWi-Fi.
Project will comprise of two parts hardware and software part. In hardware interfacing part student will write the
code for arduino and setup the sensors, board and screen. For specific purposes students will use the specific sensor.
For software part student will write an application for android phone. student will be required to work on these parts
simultaneously. You are not required to implement it on a real car. You can just use a model of a car with specific
1. A fully functional android application capable of communicating with arduino (Via Bluetooth)
2. Application will show current values related to car, Engine temperature, Coolant temperature, in cabin outside
temperature and voltage.
3. Application will maintain the daily log of these values.
4. Reports on Engine temperature, Coolant temperature, in cabin outside temperature and voltage. User will be
able to view the reports on various dates.
1. Arduino board setup along with code to control the door locks andlights.
2. Relay modules properly setup.
3. LCD to display current status in car
Android Studio, NetBeans IDE, JDK, Arduino ID