Project Domain / Category
Web Application/Android Application, Artificial Intelligence
Expert System for Sugarcane crop is web-based application or android application in which an expert
system will be built by using any AI algorithms automatically. In this system, it will be considered the
fuzzy logic or any artificial intelligence approach to solve the crop water need problem. This Sugarcane
crop water requirements utilizes any logic to determine how long the system must be open the water
tap. This system accepts input in the form of three values, namely the value of temperature in the
Celsius unit and the value of humidity in percentage and soil moisture in percentage (like getting realtime data from sensors). The output will produce one value that is the duration in minutes the tap
must be opened.
1. The application should have a graphical user interface which has admin interface (student
can select option such as web application or android application)
a. The Admin should be login with a valid username and password.
b. Admin should manage all activities of input and output parameters on the GUI
2. There are seven major tasks you will typically perform when developing a fuzzy logic expert
system. Tasks (2-7) should be implemented internally while developing the system.
i. Task 1: Define the problem (Student should firstly explain the Sugarcane crop)
ii. Task 2: Define Linguistic Variables
iii. Task 3: Define Fuzzy Sets
iv. Task 4: Define Fuzzy Rules
v. Task 5: Build system
vi. Task 6: Test System
vii. Task 7: Tune System
3. The application should be used a knowledge-based system with the Fuzzy algorithm (then
build the rules or knowledge-based according to that Sugarcane CROP)
4. The application should be used to manage reports weekly basis.
5. The admin should manage and view all backup records.
6. The admin should view the performance of crops weekly basis and update knowledge based
on the requirement.
Note: Skype sessions must be attended to communicate with the supervisor about AI approaches
otherwise project will not be accepted.