Project Domain / Category
Abstract / Introduction
Materials and labor cost are the two key inputs of any contractor while getting a contract and even
constructing buildings or roads etc, therefore their pricing plays a big role in the overall construction
cost. Every contractor aims to stay within the boundaries of their construction budget. Contractors
have to handle all this manually and sometimes it becomes difficult to track all expenditure when
many construction projects are in progress in parallel. Yet, without Information Systems, it is nearly
impossible to achieve this goal. The proposed web-based project will handle all the information
entered on each construction site and contractor will be able to plan accordingly by viewing the data.
Functional requirements are as under:
1. Contractor will be able to create any new Building Project i.e Plaza, House, Road etc with detail
such as address, Land Area etc.
2. Contractor will register/delete the data entry users according to no. of sites on which
construction and development is going on.
3. Contractor will enter detailed information (such as weight, quantity, price, brand, service
providing company/ supplier) about material i.e Cement, Sand, Steel, Concrete, Glass, Wood,
Brick, and Stone etc.
4. Each user will enter/edit/ delete information about material used at sites on daily basis.
5. Each user will be able to enter/edit/ delete information about persons working on sites i.e
Name, Father Name, Address, and Phone, expertise (Architect, Civil Engineer, Electrical
Engineer, Mason, Plumber, Painter, Interior Designer, Carpenter) with working date and time.
6. Summarized data required in report form i.e total no. of working days for each person, Labour
Paid, Remaining Labour etc. Material used category wise, cost on each material, total cost etc.
HTML, CSS, Flask using Python with MySql DBMS